Thursday, September 17, 2009

At The Zoo

It's been all work, work, work this week, which is why I've been unable to get to my blog or visit any of you at yours :( Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my previous post.
I've managed to squeeze in some blogging fun today to share with you a great day out Phil & I had last weekend. We had Phil's niece staying with us so we thought we would go to Whipsnade Zoo. Normally I'm not a fan of zoos as I don't feel comfortable with seeing wild animals enclosed. Whipsnade however is an exception as the zoo focuses heavily on conservation and education and VERY importantly the animals are given lots of space and seem very content. I hope you enjoy my photos, I'm quite proud of them!

a very curious Ostridge!

a sleepy Hippo

on guard!

"This is fun!"

"Think I need to cool off now!"


an amazing view over The Chilterns

one peculiar looking chap

nap time

I Giraffes!

what a handsome fella!

Cheerio for now. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow to share my Top Drawer finds with you!

3 comments:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Fab pics. Looks like you had a good day and got lucky with the sun as well.

Get some well earned R&R this weekend as well

Luv Dee xxx

Anna said...

ahhh wicked photos Em!! we've still not ventured up to there perhaps we should.
xxx

jacqueline said...

Gorgeous photos!! Such a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!