Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good News & Bad News

Hello all. Sorry I've neglected my blog this week- I've just been swept away by lots & lots of jobs. Luckily I have one of my loveliest friends coming over tomorrow and next week to help me with my never ending to-do-list :) 

I had some great news this week- my little business has been picking up some speed and I now have another 8 card orders to make! I'm absolutely thrilled! :D

On a rather sad note though, you may have noticed that recently I've started to watermark my designs here at my blog. This is because recently I found out that one of my past colleagues had sent out her CV to a design agency with samples of my work attached. I am absolutely gutted about this, I've worked so hard on my designs and they have come from the heart so to think that someone downloaded them off my blog and then passed it off as their own is heartbreaking. Because of this I feel I have no option but to start watermarking my designs in the hope that it will prevent this from happening again. It really saddens me to have to do this as I love that my blog is like my online portfolio and visual diary. Anyway I really don't like dwelling on depressing happenings so it's time to move on- but I view everyone that visits me here as my friend so I felt that it was important for me to share with you all why I have started to do it.

Right, time for me to catch up on my own blog reading now as I've not been able to visit anyone all week. Have a good evening and I'm hoping to be back blogging again tomorrow.
Em x

7 comments:

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

Emma, that is so galling and upsetting for you. Your designs are so unique and gorgeous and to see someone else passing them off as their own is shameful. Hugs x P.S. But great news on the orders! Way to go girl!

Lorna said...

Congrats on the orders, your designs are gorgeous. So many people are now watermarking their designs, tis a shame to have to do it but you'll know then your designs are safe.

Amy C said...

oh gosh, that is so miserable and so frustrating.
As for the Good News CONGRATULATIONS thats fantastic. YEAHHHHHH

Anna said...

Thats fab news Em about the new order :D go lady!
You know my feelings on the whole stealing of images business!! its out of order and I still can't believe even more so in such a small industry where we all know each other people have the gall to even try and do it!! just remember there is karma out there! and they will get there's. chin up lady youve been fantastic the way you've dealt with it all too :D
xxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that :(. I just don't understand how anyone could do that - I mean really it doesn't really help them, if they get a job based on someone elses work how will they be able to repeat the same quality?

jacqueline said...

Dearest Emma, i am so happy for you that your business is picking up some speed! Way to go! Yipee and hoooray! :) On the other hand it saddens me to hear what you past workmate did...her action is uncalled for! I think its a really good idea to watermark your design eventho you dont' really like doing that. Have a lovely merry day and love to you!

linda said...

Congrats on the new business - happy to hear that it's going well! So sorry for the copycat stuff...seems like it is happening to so many artists. It is very disconcerting, but know that YOU have the talent and skill. Copycats are always behind the game! You do what you must for security, but don't let it bring you down!