Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Colour it in!




I originally designed this card for Evie to give to her Daddy. I wanted it to look like she had drawn it and then I got the pencils, pens and crayons out and let Evie colour it in, she loved every minute and it made the card so special :) My Hubby loved it so much that I decided to put it in the shop too.

Each card is individually handmade by myself, printed onto a beautiful, white, heavyweight (300gsm) board and then decorated with a touch of glitter. It's blank inside for your own special message and is available to buy as a Birthday card, Mother's Day card or Father's Day card.

Click here for more info. I can also ship internationally now :)

I love designing for friends and family because it allows total freedom to create whatever comes into my head- I don't need to worry about what people will think, I can just go for it! Then it got me thinking- shouldn't I be doing this all the time? It's amazing how much pressure we can put on ourselves to design/create in a certain way so we don't feel embarrassed to show the end result. But if we do this all the time won't we will lose the opportunity to create something new & fresh? Something that could be amazing? I was slightly scared to put this in the shop for the reasons above- it is VERY different from what I usually do but hey, I love it, it makes me smile- my husband loves it too and recently a friend bought a couple for his children, so you know what I'm going to go for it!

No comments: