Thursday, January 9, 2014

Well Hello 2014!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful break & that it was relaxing & joyful.

This year is going to be a year of discovery for me. At first I was a little bit scared to take the plunge but now I just feel ridiculously excited- a feeling I always take as a knowledgeable wink that I'm on the right path. I hope you will join me on my new creative journey. I will share more soon.

Last year was a year of reflection (yep took me a whole year to summon up enough courage to change things for this year). It was a great year though with many achievements & without those experiences I would not have grown as an artist & forged a new path for this year.

Goodbye 2013, we had fun & I am so very grateful for.....

The teachings of Eckhart Tolle.

Finding out that my work will be published in 2014!

Travelling to France & Portugal for glorious days in the sun.


Seeing my designs on wooden toys & furniture in well known shops.

The meditations of Deepak Chopra (how did I not realise sooner how much I missed meditating!)

That one of my Christmas card designs was actually number 1 on page 1 of the Christmas card section on Not On The High Street! Eeek!

For my VERY supportive family, without whom none of this would be possible.

Treating myself to new art supplies & art courses.

Finally realising the missing link I've been searching for with my work.

Meeting some truly inspiring & lovely artists online. Mindy, Juliette, Danielle, Mickey, Sarah & Mati.

Letting go & creating work that makes me feel happy.



Achieving record sales this year.

For my little bunny George. Here he is having a snooze :)


For my beautiful niece Rose.

Watching my little girl growing up & all it means to be a mother. Cuddles on the couch, crying on the couch, conversations, milestones reached, re-learning the art of patience (I always thought I was a patient person- but now I've learnt it on a whole new level- she is my teacher), letting her bring out the inner child in me, jumping in puddles, playing hide & seek & catch me if you can, sitting around campfires, singing together, being creative together, blowing kisses & catching them, dancing, laughing & holding hands.......

It's been a wonderful year & I wish you all a new year of joy, abundance, peace, health & happiness.

I'll be back very soon sneak peek of what I've been up to so far in 2014 & to share more about my year of discovery.

Love & light Emma

No comments: